Today, we are seeing more and more people use their extra cash or IRA accounts to earn a high interest rate of return through real estate investing. Investing in real estate can be a wise investment for all parties; and with the help of One Plus Realty, it is a simple and easy process.
Depending on the amount you want to invest, we would match you with one of our partners. You would then become the “lender” who would loan that specific partner the money to purchase a new home or remodel an existing home.
As the lender, you would make passive income, typically at a 10% interest rate, without the headache of dealing with contractors, tenants, etc. A typical “loan” in this instance would be for a maximum of 12 months. Your money is secure and backed by the property through a Deed of Trust and a Promissory Note.
For more information, feel free to contact us at 469-644-4663.
Keep Your Blinds Closed!
Simply keeping your blinds closed during the day can keep a room 10-15 degrees cooler! Blackout shades also work great!
Use Ceiling Fans!
Just make sure your ceiling fan is turning in the right direction! During the summer, your ceiling fans should all be going counter-clockwise.
Check Your Bulbs!
Did you know that the older incandescent bulbs put off more heat than the newer LED bulbs?
Unplug appliances and electronics that are not in use. Everything that gets plugged into a socket gives off heat!
Cook Outside – Or Just Don’t Cook!
Try using the grill to avoid using your oven during the day. If you must cook inside, try to cook either before noon or after the heat of the day.
Check for Proper Insulation!
You want to make sure that your home is sufficiently insulated. Also, check for caulking around all windows and doors to keep hot air from sneaking in.
Use Cooling Pillows or Cooling Mattress Pads!
Wake up cool and refreshed!
Invest in a Portable A/C or Window Unit!
This way you can keep the main living room or bedroom cool without raising your electric bill by trying to cool the entire house.
Service your HVAC!
Your HVAC should be serviced twice a year to ensure everything is working properly.
Change your Air Filters!
Filters should be changed once every 3 months, or according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
•½ cup of orange juice
•3 cloves, garlic
•3 Tbsp Sriracha
•4 Tbsp lime juice
•1 Tbsp agave
•2 Tbsp olive oil
•½ tsp salt
•½ tsp black pepper
•½ cup chopped cilantro
•1½ cups chopped mango
•½ red bell pepper, chopped
•1 jalapeno, chopped
•¼ cup red onion, chopped
•3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
•2 Tbsp lime juice
•¼ tsp salt
•Fill a shallow baking dish with water. Soak skewers for 15 to 30 minutes.
1. In a blender or food processor, add ingredients for the marinade. Blend until smooth. Reserve ½ cup of the marinade for grilling. Add the rest of the marinade to a large ziplock bag. Add chicken, seal and shake to coat the chicken. Marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together ingredients for salsa. Set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Set aside in the refrigerator.
4. Make the skewers by adding 4 to 5 pieces of chicken to each skewer.
5. Heat the grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add skewers to the grill. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, brushing with the reserved marinade as you cook the skewers.
6. Once the chicken is cooked through, serve the skewers on a platter topped with the mango salsa.
Here are some simple tips on how you can make your own stunning flower arrangements out of simple grocery store bouquets.
1. Pick a color scheme.
2. Add greenery. You can even grab something from your own backyard!
3. Strip all of the leaves from the stems of the flower.
4. Fill the vase you have chosen 2/3 of the way with room temperature water. (Once you are finished, be sure to change the water every other day.)
5. Use tape to create a grid over the top of the vase. This will hold the stems in place and keep the overall shape of the arrangement.
6. Start with the greenery. You want to place the greenery in the outmost sections of your vase. You should start to see the shape of your arrangement.
7. Place the flowers into the vase one-by-one starting with the bigger flowers. Place the most dominate flowers in the center of the vase. You want the small flowers to go in last so they fill in any remaining gaps.
8. Don’t stress! There is no right or wrong when it comes to making flower arrangements.
9. Enjoy your beautiful arrangement!
Unsure what to get Mom or Grandma this Mother's Day?
Here are a few crafts we think any Mom would love!
Hand-print Oven Mitts or Hand-print Apron…
Love You to Pieces Picture Frame…
Hand-painted Mason Jar or Flower Pot...