FREEZE WARNING AND PRECAUTIONS
Winter is coming! Water pipes in your home may freeze and burst if immediate action is not taken prior to the drop in temperature. Below are some essential tips to avoid damage to your home due to broken pipes:
HOW TO PREVENT FROZEN PIPES
· Disconnect and drain water hoses
· Cover outside faucets with insulating foam covers
· Turn off the sprinkler system
· If the temperature drops below 20 degrees, keep one or two faucets running slowly at all times. Water running through the system will prevent the line from freezing
· Keep the cabinet under the kitchen sink open so warm air can flow around the pipes
HOW TO PREP THE INSIDE OF YOUR HOME FOR WINTER WEATHER
· Turn ceiling fans on low in reverse (clockwise when looking up) to circulate warm air
· Inspect fireplaces and chimneys before using and have them cleaned if necessary
HOW TO PREP THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOME FOR WINTER WEATHER
· Bring potted plants inside
· Cover any outside plants with sheets, towels, or blankets
Also, we strongly recommend that you make sure your homeowners or renter’s insurance is up to date to cover liability and unexpected damage from water, fire, windstorm, etc. to your personal belongings. The owner and management company assume no liability for personal loss.
If you are a tenant, please contact your landlord or property management company immediately if you suspect a pipe has frozen or burst!